TO BE DISCIPLINED! (Part 3)
"But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." ( I Corinthians 9:27 NKJV).
Two days ago, the Holy Spirit made us to understand that learning to accept and receive discipline is a mark of spiritual maturity and it is highly beneficial to us in our walk with God. To do this, you have to learn to first of all, discipline your physical body. Apostle Paul in our opening verse tells us how he was able to focus on the ministry God called him into, by disciplining his physical body; bringing it into subjection.It'll please you to know that after giving your life to Christ, the devil lost the control over your life automatically because it is a spiritual conversion; you now have a new spirit within you, the spirit to do God's will as prophesied in the book of Ezekiel 36 verse 26-27. "...I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes..." (You can read the two verses to get the clear picture). This prophecy was fulfilled in your life the day you gave your life to Christ Jesus and that's what made you a new creation (Read 2 Corinthians 5:17). But then, that was just for your spirit as your body remains the same. The Spirit is new but the body is still the same that commits sin, therefore, the body is still prone to sin and that is the area Satan sweeps people off their faith.
People of God, the good news is, you can discipline your body. The Living Bible version (TLB) renders our opening verse thus, "Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to..." ( 1 Corinthians 9:27 TLB). I love the ending part of this verse, Apostle Paul said, he trained his body to do what it should and NOT what it wants to. That is called bringing the body into subjection. The best way to do this is to have the understanding that the moment you gave your life to Christ, your body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit; not just some kind of spirits but the Spirit of God HIMSELF (Read 1 Corinthians 6:19). So, we can rightly say, your body becomes the house of God. God now resides in you, HE is present in every fibre of your being, that's why you can never be sick and if you are, the sickness dries up right away in the Name of Jesus.
The consciousness of this truth would keep you away from sin. When the devil comes around to tempt you with sinful things you're used to do before, rebuke him in the Name of the LORD, tell him you're now a new creation, God now lives in you; your body and your spirit are God's now, Satan get lost! And he'll flee. Exercise your authority in Christ Jesus over your body and sin and Satan would be far from you.
The Blessed Truth!
The prayer:
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the divine enablement to be among the living this morning. Thank you for watching over me through the night and I appreciate you for your Word of Truth that I've learned at your feet this morning. Thank you for giving me dominion over Satan. I sanctify my body this morning with the blood of Jesus. Amen!Kindly share this with your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbours as you remain blessed in Jesus' Name. Amen!
Good Morning Everyone!
You may write dblessedtruth@gmail.com for more enquiry and counselling.
No comments:
Post a Comment